Silk email 5 - our Greek life petition

  • Rating: No Rating

A movie director, named C.S. Einfeld, once stated:

“no quest, no matter how easy or hard, is ever accomplished without first the will to see it done."

Greekster.tv is taking on its own quest in 2013, a write-in campaign, for we are hopeful that with the support of the masses and our own will, we can accomplish something greater than we have before. This quest has eluded us over the past 10 years at those shows that we've produced. The goal, which is bigger than ourselves, involves 2 particular organizations we all know, respect and love. What prompted this quest? An anonymous high-level individual, within one of these organizations, who candidly shared that "we will never... 

If you are in the 1% of overly sensitive Greeks, those who usually have serious line names like 'Incesante,' 'Genesis,' 'The Soulful Struggle,' or 'Siyraj,' please stop reading here.  For the other 99%, who don't take Greek life so seriously, we need your help in our petition...

"we will never... stroll or step as long as we exist." The words were true and from the heart. We appreciate and respect honesty.  Ever since Silk 2002, we've tried unsuccessfully to get a Phi Iota Alpha or Lambda Theta Phi stroll team, to partake in our annual stroll shows (and step shows too.) We have been close, and have had conversations with their brothers, chapters, presidents and executive boards, but to no avail. We still hold the hope that some day, preferably in 2013, they will modify the rules to enable their talented memberships to participate. We made a promise to our greeksters and really need to deliver - if either team participates, 2013 will be, without a doubt, the greatest Silk of all time.

Do it for your brothers. Do it for the adoring fans. Do it for all of those local stroll shows, who need more great teams and who hunger to see your organizations elevate the levels of the competition. Most importantly Conquistadores and Fiotas, do it for greekster.tv, for we need to keep a promise that we made to Greek life. 

“But I do know this: no quest, no matter how easy or hard, is ever accomplished without first the will to see it done. So, you have the will, and where there is a will, there is a way.”

Greeks, please sign our petition today: http://www.dosomething.org/project/allow-lambda-theta-phi-to-stroll

ps Sorry Theor-E, we tried. Wish you the best and hope to run into you in Vegas.

pps Siyraj, we love you ;)

ppps On Monday, December 24, we're delivering our annual Christmas gift to Greek orgs, the stroll team preview with the odds for winning Silk 2013. Yes, the infamous odds.

pppps Phnx and Syna, we love you too.

ppppps For neos, who don't know what the odds look like, here are some examples to whet your appetite: 20092010 

Views: 441

Comment

You need to be a member of Greekster.tv - College Greek life to add comments!

Join Greekster.tv - College Greek life

Latest Activity

Profile IconGreekster.tv - College Greek life now has photos
Friday
Greekster.tv's 4 photos were featured
Jul 23
Greekster.tv's album was featured

SILK 2014 Miami

Photos from SILK 2014 National Stroll Show in Miami, FL on Saturday, July 12, 2014.
Jul 23
Greekster.tv posted photos
Jul 22

Members

© 2014   Created by Greekster.tv.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service